How do I make object solid for one thing but not a neither

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello,

I have two spites that the player controls. A blue one and a green one. They have the platform behavior. basically i want the blue sprite to interact with a blue solid but not let the green sprite interact with the blue solid. Any tips?

• I'm afraid that this is simply not possible with the c2 solid behavior. It's been asked for many times before but has never made it to the top of the to-do list. If you have the time and patience then you can create your own platform behavior using events (you can do collision group filtering using the physics plugin, and you could use that as the basis for your platform behavior).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for the reply. How might I go about creating my own physics plugin? is the a tutorial anywhere? And while I have you here how could i do that group filtering?

• Welcome to the forum! Making a platform behavior that uses the physics plugin is no easy task, but it can be done with some trial and error (to get the effect you're after). I suggest you experiment with adjusting the example capxs for physics that are bundled with c2; group filtering is achieved by setting enable/disable collisions in the physics behavior. I haven't checked to see if there's a tutorial for using physics to make a platform behavior, but if you're going to use the physics then you need to be fully familiar with how the plugin works (and its limitations) first. If you tag using - ie Colludium or whoever then they'll get a notification.

• Thank you Colludium !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)