How do I make my wedding amazeballs? (User Media question)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • Hello Constructababies,

I require some assistance for my upcoming wedding.

I've seen cool duders renting a photoboot to set up at their wedding party,

but I would like to go even harder in the paint and put an arcade cabinet there

with a custom game (and build-in camera).

Don't worry, the hardware and game itself is no problemo, I've got that on lock.

But I want to have a picture taken of the players at any endscreen.

With the User Media plugin I can manage that, but I can not for the life of me

find a way to automatically store the pictures locally without there being a pop-up

asking where and with what name it should be saved.

In short: after the game has taken a picture with the webcam

I want it to automatically save it locally without any dialog screens.

Is that possible? How?

Help save this marriage, please!

Thank you for helping (or at least reading),

Roel

• It is a good idea for a wedding party!

As I haven't mastered that part, only I wish you good luck and congratulations for the marriage. ^^

• If you have internet acces, you could use this plugin to send (yourself) mails with the pictures attached:

• Using this third-part behavior you could always turn the picture into a string, save that string locally using local storage and get all the strings/photos later (needing you to make sort of decoder as well and be aware that informations are only stored locally on a specific domain).

It can be tricky be could do the job. Otherwise, yes, downloading the picture on the fly with the browser plugin will likely have a dialog popup each time.

You could also ask the players to save the picture to a specific local hard drive location and "trust them", although there is always the possibility for human error indeed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks @lukezero, @LittleStain and @Kyatric,

but I'm shamefully fumbling with those strings and exotic third party behaviors.

So after a lot of soulsearching, contemplating of maybe calling of the wedding

and brainstorming with myself

I think I've found an alternative workaround...

In combination with a Chrome extension to automatically hide the download bar it will do the trick.

But still: thank you to all who undertook this thinking exercise with me and had me in their prayers.

Roel

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)