How do I make my player have 4 different animations [8Direc]

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hey!

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my player have 4 different walk animations with the 8Direction behavior. When the player moves up - he playes the up animation, left; the left animation, right; the right animation and down; the down animation...

However when he both moves left & down i want the player to play the left animation, but it doesn't work for whatever reason the animation stands still. I want this for all the other animations for the different movements as well; up & right, up & left, down & right as well.

Hopefully you understood because i can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks in before-hand!

• I'm going to make the shorthand for "player is pressing" to the term "Input"

When keydown = Up | play "left" animation

and keydown = left |

you may want to check this and if it doesn't work as intended you may want to add other conditions to the standard up down left right movements

for example

when keydown = up | play animation up

and keydown is not = to left |

you can achieve the "not equal to" by right clicking the event and selecting "invert"

Hopefully that helps

• I have a working example with a capx if you want, I could upload it.

• I have a working example with a capx if you want, I could upload it.

Yeah a capx would be nice!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

and keydown = left |

you may want to check this and if it doesn't work as intended you may want to add other conditions to the standard up down left right movements

for example

you can achieve the "not equal to" by right clicking the event and selecting "invert"

Hopefully that helps

Okay! I'll try it out now, thank you very much for the help

and keydown = left |

for example

Hopefully that helps

It worked! Thank you so much!

• Your welcome

Good luck with your game!

Chris

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)