How do I Make my player flash a certain color?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Is there a way to make the player flash white or red for taking damage as an example? I know there's already a flash behaviour, but I would really like to do it this way instead. Any help or a link to a tutorial (as I could not find one) would be nice!

• if you add the effect 'set color' to your sprite you can toggle that on and off.

• if you add the effect 'set color' to your sprite you can toggle that on and off.

Not exactly what I was looking for, but it's really close and I'll probably end up using it instead! What I initially wanted and should have said was my player to "fade" or "glow" a certain color, not to flash...

I've never used effects before, because I'm not really sure how most of them work, but this works perfectly!

• Lots of effects already built into C2 and you can change the parameters of most effects to suit your needs. You can also find special effects in the effects section of the forum.

• you can add a bluring effect to simulate a glow, and you could fade in and fade out a red color by using something like this:

while variable =1

every tick

set red to red +1'

while variable =0

every tick

set red to red -1

when red greater 50

set variable to 0

when red is less than 0

set variable to 1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • try using adjusthsl effect but then your game will require webgl support for it to work. i dont recommend it on iphones. but you can also get same results with multiple frames.

• you can add a bluring effect to simulate a glow, and you could fade in and fade out a red color by using something like this:

while variable =1

every tick

set red to red +1'

while variable =0

every tick

set red to red -1

when red greater 50

set variable to 0

when red is less than 0

set variable to 1

That's a great idea, thanks!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)