How do I make character select like crossy road?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of retro 16-Bit Neon UI elements to make your menus pop!
  • Ho everybody,

I'd like to add to my game a character select screen like crossy road, all sprite on a horizontal line and when you choose one, game starts with same level for all characters. Is It possible? Thanks.

• Well, yes it's possible - you mean a swipe to select and zoom in/out - yes its possible. How different are the characters - is it basic things like the graphics and some numeric values or are there more fundamental differences ?

• Characters are very similar... I 'd like that layout is always the same but character is replaced when choosed by the player.

• markuzz78 anything is possible if you carefully plan and code it C2 is out of this world. C2 does not cost much and you do not need to pay for any add on like G*** M**** and many others.

• It is very simple to do and can be done in many ways.

You can have a variable called "character" and make that each character have it's own number so 0 is a duck, 1 is a cow etc. So when you drag the character of your choice into the center of the screen you set the variable to that number.

So on start of layout check the variable "character" and spawn the character with that variable number.

Hard to explain but very very easy to do

• Ok. thanks it was very clear. I made it!

• It is very simple to do and can be done in many ways.

You can have a variable called "character" and make that each character have it's own number so 0 is a duck, 1 is a cow etc. So when you drag the character of your choice into the center of the screen you set the variable to that number.

So on start of layout check the variable "character" and spawn the character with that variable number.

Hard to explain but very very easy to do

Good day,

Friend is how you send me the capx because I am not able to make the move to drag to select the player.

Thank you

I await answers

att,

Wellington

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • wtomtom this is how you could do it

Filename: Animals DragDrop

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j2nsryey242z ... .capx?dl=0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)