How do I make a sword swing like terraria?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
The Stickman Sword is suitable for platformer / sidescrolling games
  • Whatup everyone!!! Long time no talk!

I need some info about a few things that have been bothering me for a month.

I need to know if its possible to recreate the sword swing motion that Terraria uses? If we can remake that style swing could someone enlighten me on how to use it.

I also have been scratching my head and wondering how to create some water that is placeable by the player. I know Minecraft has a water system that is pretty legit, is is possibe to recreate that in 2D form without using arrays?

Thanks guys and like I said this has been bothering me for a month, im sorry for no pics I will get some up for references

• Any kind of info from anyone would be awesome,I apologize for the double post but i wont be able to get back on again for a long time to ask questions.Thanks guys

• Why don't you use arrays? Are you very afraid of it? Are you afraid of arrays just as I am afraid of Jigglypuff?

Sword swing, you say. It's pretty obvious it rotates, yeah. So either use the stupid rotate behavior for noobs or make them rotate in code. Rotate behavior is easier, but doing it by events is more oldschool. Also, the Terraria sword has an image point at the bottom of the hilt of the sword. And, it sets the position of that image point to the same position where the player's hand is every tick. Or, you can make it move to the player's penis, if you are pervertic/afraid of hands. I mean, being afraid of HANDS make AS MUCH SEENSSSS as BEING AFFRAID OF ARRAAAYYYSYSSSSSSSS!!YSYSYSSS. why ass why ass

• fassFlash thanks for your reply what I dont understand is the extreme criticism/sarcasm . Not everyones brain works the same, really all I did was ask a question you have no right to

Be that way towards me friend im sure if i looked your name up you have questions on the forums.

Thanks for the reply at the least but i really hope someone more professional chooses to give me a hand.

• I'm sorry, I didn't go out of my Sheogorath character, who is a god of madness and CHEEESSEEEE, so I am pretty incontrollable in that state. But I still gave you advice, if you understood it. Oh, and I have a personal vendetta against Jigglypuff. Don't mind that.

• fassFlash you did give me some advice but with alot of sarcasm and very little detail,I am aware that relogic uses the rotate exclusively for swings but how do you make a half of a swing? I havnt seen where I can start and stop the rotation at will.

Also I did mention something about water similar to minecraft, Do you know any workarounds for this?

All in all im not upset at your post but i will say it caught me offguard and I did lol alittle bit.

Thanks for the apologize it is accepted

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Half a swing? Well, shorten the time the sword appears on the screen. If a full swing takes up about, like, 1 second, then, after it was created, it rotates for 1 second, creating a full swing and destroying after that. If you want it to swing a half of a swing, let it destroy after only a half a second.

• fassFlash cool stuff,I didnt think that was possible while the rotation was being used thanks for that info,thanks again man

• Why don't you use arrays? Are you very afraid of it? Are you afraid of arrays just as I am afraid of Jigglypuff?

Sword swing, you say. It's pretty obvious it rotates, yeah. So either use the stupid rotate behavior for noobs or make them rotate in code. Rotate behavior is easier, but doing it by events is more oldschool. Also, the Terraria sword has an image point at the bottom of the hilt of the sword. And, it sets the position of that image point to the same position where the player's hand is every tick. Or, you can make it move to the player's penis, if you are pervertic/afraid of hands. I mean, being afraid of HANDS make AS MUCH SEENSSSS as BEING AFFRAID OF ARRAAAYYYSYSSSSSSSS!!YSYSYSSS. why ass why ass

I'm just curious here, would pinning the pen.. eh, sword to player's hand work? Btw I am scared of Jigglypuff a little as well.

• TheNewGuy Niko fassFlash yeah it would work,I am curious about the water myself does anyone have any clues to how we can make it? I could use this info aswell

• Oh, I didn't make myself clear. I am not scared of Jigglypuff. Not in the pok�mon series anyway. I hate Jigglypuff. But only the Jigglypuff from the Smash series. That one is awful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)