How do I Make A Sprite Break Away Gracefully Without Physics

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hi peeps,

Im making a sandbox game and i wante to know how i can make the blocks break away from eachother in a graceful fashion and fall to the ground in a realistic way without physics?

I can not use the physics in this project since making the ground out of physic tiles will eat up performance for me.

Can i fake this style of item gravity?

• Draw it out with sprite animations.

Or if you have to have sperate objects use bullet behavior with gravity and some random variations on initial speed and angle.

• oosyrag The Bullet behaviour does not do what i need it to do, Instead of hitting and landing on the ground it passes through my ground but when i do stop it, It does not look as natural as im trying to imitate.

The only thing i seen that makes it happen is physic and i am trying to avoid it since i cant use it.

I do like the bullet but is it possible to stop the bullet in a way that looks good and not forced.

• can you show an example how it should look (video or capx with physics?)

• oosyrag The Bullet behaviour does not do what i need it to do, Instead of hitting and landing on the ground it passes through my ground but when i do stop it, It does not look as natural as im trying to imitate.

The only thing i seen that makes it happen is physic and i am trying to avoid it since i cant use it.

I do like the bullet but is it possible to stop the bullet in a way that looks good and not forced.

Try adding an event that would disable the bullet behavior when the pieces are overlapping the ground or wherever you want them to stop

• fm4fanAT https://youtu.be/YOkXsM7N0OY?t=30

, How can i make my tiles fall like this without the use of physics?

I have been looking for different ways to get that same effect without but it all leads back down the road of what im trying to avoid.

it seems like the tiles that are broken away have force and gravity, but how? Having that much physic sprites on screen would cause major framerate issues for me using construct 2.

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cliwidu8f51p ... .capx?dl=0

Your ground should be set to solid.

Edit: Saw your example video after. My bullets bounce, but you can turn bounce off and set their speed to 0 on collision instead, as taylor suggested. Or have them bounce only once by using a counter and using an action to turn off the bounce behavior.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oosyrag Thats awesome! i cant say anything bad about it because it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Thank you for showing me one way to reach this goal.

I tried numerous things but was getting nothing but framerate issues. Thanks for this example friend.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)