How do I Make a balance stick?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a twin stick shooter similar to Enter the gungeon,Nuclear Throne, Helldivers & Soul knight for the mobile device
  • I want to make a stick that starts falling left / right and every time you press a button the stick goes back to the otiginal angle.. if you press it very soon it will move there no problem but if you press the button too late the stick wont just go to the original angle, it will also move past it and go at the opposite negative angle!

I want to imitate the movement or Mr. Muscle when he starts falling to the left / right, (check on the android app store to see exactly)

What im doing now is:

Every 0.1 seconds i set the sprite's angle to: balance x (1+speed)

inside the every 01 seconds i check to see if a variable called goleftorright is 1 or 2 (1 for left 2 for right)

if its 1 then i add the value of 1 to balance and if its 2 i substract the value of 1 to balance

On button pressed i just switch goleftorright when its 2 to 1 and when its 1 to 2

and at the end it sets a boolean variable to true

After the set true is done i check if

Variable is True and then do Every 0.1 seconds add 0.01 to speed

On button touched = variable becomes false

'also here i have to reset speed somehow and set it to 0 before we start counting the time it took to press the button from the last time we pressed it. Thats how i measure the speed with which the sprite will move back to angle 0 or beyond

basically i just see the time it took to press the button and use that as a reference to the speed (the longer the time the higher the speed and so on)

This is more or less the code i've got up to now, doesn't seem to do the job properly.. any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • any1 got any ideas?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)