How do I make a 3ds game?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Is it possible to make games for the 3ds with C2? Just curious because its a wonderful system I've always want to make a game for. Thx

• A quick glance at the list of supported platforms would tell you that the Nintendo 3DS is not currently supported as a native export. But perhaps someone has a method of doing so somewhere?

• Not sure but I heard that the new 3ds supports alot more so Ill do some more research

• there is a 3d plugin, but don't know the name nor the price for it.

• there is a 3d plugin, but don't know the name nor the price for it.

I think you may have misread the question.

• I think we may be able to see support for more Nintendo devices in the future, but for now, developing games for 3DS using Construct 2 is a LONGSHOT and probably not even worth it. It has been said that the 3DS does support HTML5 development though, so I would look more into it if you're actually interested. Just know that there probably won't be many sources as far as how to compile the game for 3DS.

• > there is a 3d plugin, but don't know the name nor the price for it.

>

I think you may have misread the question.

happens from time to time.

• Thanks I appreciate it

I'll just use other supported console and wait to see any news about the 3DS. Thx

• Just so you know : After some research, I found out you can build 3ds games in Construct. Thanks for your help

• Just so you know : After some research, I found out you can build 3ds games in Construct. Thanks for your help

Would you mind providing a link to this info?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Whoah, yeah, I second that, can you provide more source for this?

• Would you mind putting a link or some steps to recreating what you've done on th 3DS?

• Would you mind putting a link or some steps to recreating what you've done on th 3DS?

Chowdren is the way to go. Chowdren is a custom runtime built for games like Iconoclasts (also made in Construct), created in C++. You can contact the creator and they'll help you export your game to C++ (Native)

Link: https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/general-discussion-17/chowdren-fast-construct-134395

So, if you read into it, you just have to sign up for the developer program, sign the NDA, and you'll be granted access to the SDK. After you've finished going through all that, you can export and compile your game for the 3DS.

link to page explaining this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-can-now-sign-up-for-the-nintendo-developer-portal.433637/

Link to the Nintendo Developer Portal:

https://developer.nintendo.com/register/create

What this means for you is, you really just need to be modest with the scale of your project. Make sure you're working within the hardware's limitations, and you can continue to develop your project until you're prepared to port it to the 3DS. Of course, you'll need to find a way to support 3DS controls, but I'd simply suggest that if you speak to the developer of Chowdren, just ask them to map the input received from the 3DS SDK to the Gamepad & Touch objects.

I guess another thing you'll have to work out is the two screens. I'd suggest making each screen display a different layout, then make Bottom Screen Layouts and Top Screen Layouts. That'd simplify it quite a bit. This might actually be how the Wii U plugin worked, but I can't remember, it's been a long time since I've used it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)