How do I let users save an image in Win10?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi. I added some wallpapers to my app and let users download/open them. It seems to work on mobile where Browser: Invoke Download (filename) just opens the image to save it and then use it as wallpaper. But when I try it on Win10 (Visual Studio) the image replaces the entire app and the user cant interact with it to save it.

I downloaded the latest beta of C2 to enable the Back Button and added a "Browser: On Mobile Back Button" action but its not executed when the image is shown cause it seems to replace the entire app/c2 code. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Can I use "Browser: Open in new Window" for local files instead of a web address too?

If this works its still something to fix to allow saving of canvas snapshots with Invoke Download.

/Edit: Tried to open new window with just "filename.jpg" as URL but I get this error in Visual Studio:

[quote:1bpv0cpb]SCRIPT87: Unhandled exception at line 348, column 184 in ms-appx://02928669-06b8-42a9-a2ba-576529eb0129/c2runtime.js

0x80070057 - JavaScript runtime error: Falscher Parameter.

"logo-burst-standard.jpg" ist kein gültiger absoluter URI.

WinRT information: "logo-burst-standard.jpg" ist kein gültiger absoluter URI.

c2runtime.js (348,184)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As workaround I think I will just upload the images to my webserver and then open the images in a new browser window but it would be great if someone has another solution (or a fix from Scirra to allow invoke download in Win10).

• If you found a bug, consider posting a proper bug report for it, following the bug report guidelines.

If I understand your description you are basically opening an image in a new browser tab, the image being from your own application, correct ?

It seems like that is just something that Win10 doesn't allow from the look of the error message you are getting.

At worst, consider taking a canvas snapshot of your image and provide it as URI (See the system action "Snapshot canvas").

I don't use Win10 or Win10 devices so I cannot help further, but if there is indeed an issue with C2, without a proper bug report it won't be fixed.

• Right now I just use "Invoke Download" and it shows the image and replaces the entire app. Only Rightclick>Copy works, no back button or anything else until you restart the entire app.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)