How do I keep a player "on rails"?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Okay. Thank you for replying

• Okay. Thank you for replying. I'll definitely try looking for it.

• Hi, thank you for replying by the way. I really appreciate it, but I am having trouble finding the tutorial on the website or google. Do you remember any keywords or anything that might help me locate it. Thanks : )

• Thank you for replying. I ended up finding the tutorial and it helped a bunch. Thanks again

• I hate to be the one who resurrects solved threads. But just a thought.

How would one modify this to move left or right using the arrow keys?

• I hate to be the one who resurrects solved threads. But just a thought.

How would one modify this to move left or right using the arrow keys?

• Hi

I know it's been a few years but I'm having a similar problem and I was wondering it those examples could be uploaded again because the links don't work anymore. Especially the one with multiple touch inputs.

thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

I know it's been a few years but I'm having a similar problem and I was wondering it those examples could be uploaded again because the links don't work anymore. Especially the one with multiple touch inputs.

thank you!

easier would be to just make a new how do i post and explain what you are trying to achieve linking this post in. you might actually want to do something different. but a simple solution would be to use

X position to someXPosition+cos(angle*speed)*radius

Y position to someYPosition+sin(angle*speed)*radius

where angle can be the angle from center of the circle to touch X and Y for sin.

speed is any number you want like steps to move can be .15 or 10 the higher the number the faster will move.

radius will be the limit at which the circle area is bound to.

the old planetary system tutorial i was saying 4 years ago got probably removed but here is a similar update on it

construct.net/en/tutorials/basics-circular-motion-669

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)