How do I have the trail effect work with a hi-speed obj

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: click, coin, damage, fail, jump, level up,message, shot
  • so I tried the working methods spawning,particles,the works but the obj is way too fast and the trail ends up broken could someone give me a fix

stats

MAX SPEED :2500

ACCELERATION :5000

MAX FALL SPEED :2500

P.S.:Slowing the obj down is no option cuz..................... reasons

• Have you tried increasing the size of the trail maybe?

I don't really understand what's going wrong in your game

• i'd like to find out the answer to this question also. essentially, when you have an object moving too fast (but just right for your game), creating a trail using the traditional examples on this forum does not work...there is an empty space between the spawned trail sprites. making the trail sprites larger is not the answer because you may want the trail to be thin/small for special effect visual reasons.

• It's almost impossible to offer advice without a capx to show what you have actually done. Aside from saying: try something different? How big is the object - width / height v pixels per tick? How far does it travel on screen? Is it a black bullet or is it a glowing plasma ball with sparks? What resolution is your game window? What's the background behind it like? And so on....

• Colludium

here's an image of it

I can't give a specific background as each level will have a different one

Its not a problem with my comp for sure

let me know if anything else needs specifying

mediafire.com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm assuming you're creating a single trail object per tick. If the moving object travels a distance longer than the size of the trail object, you'll get gaps. To compensate, you need to calculate the distance traveled between ticks, and create multiple trail objects along the movement path.

Example

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)