How do I get IAP Object to function for IOS

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Tags of people i think can help(if you know anyone who also can solve this please tell me): Kyatric

I used constuct 2's IAP object and set up the in-purchases i wanted for my ios app game. I made sure to read over the manual on it so i know i set it up right in construct. Also i made sure its not in test mode.

I dont use the loader layout (if i should then i will). In the first layout (i use it as a loading layout)the first event is "on start of layout" then the first action is IAP "add product ids(then my ids)" the next action is IAP "request store listing" then i have everything else(That layout is never called again unless the game is restarted completely). Then on the next layout which is the start screen(main layout) i do the same thing.

In my game scene layout (for gameplay) i dont run IAP in there.

The products for sale is available at all times you dont have to unlock it.

I exported my game using Cordova and then build the game using Intel XDK. Even after i made it this far i didnt get any errors. I uploaded the build to apple, sent it in for review and when they got back to me my binary was rejected.They said:

"We found that while you have submitted In App Purchase products for your app, the In App Purchase functionality is not present in your binary."

In itunes connect i made sure the product id's were correct and based off my app id.

Example app id: com.product.name

Example product id: com.product.name.100C

Then in construct i used that same product id that was in itunes connect.

Here is the file(test in-app purchases(i simplified my game to where its just iads object and IAP object with the purchases for the sake of making it easy for you guys to see the problem with my set-up of IAP Object if there is one)):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYqvX_k-CV-dXR0WkxDUEhxeEE

In the file i called the app id:(com.product.name) its just a example id but lets say

thats what i have in itunes as well, for the product id. For the product name that is for sale > (example: .100C)

I do have a sandbox account and tested the IAP Object / in-app purchases with it but they still dont work.

One thing i do notice is that when ever i start up my game i get a "sign in to itunes" pop up, so i do know the IAP Object is being called but for some reason it still does not work completely.

I never really looked at any of the straight up "code" for the app because i thought construct would take care of all of that as long as you set it up right in construct.

I dont see any products referenced in the config file. Does construct do that auto?

So i am not sure where i went wrong with all of this. Is there a plugin i need or.......?

(see the file link)Did i setup the IAP object wrong?

Is there something in itunes connect that i have to do?

• I need to look further into the iOS part of things.

So currently I cannot help further or tell you what's going wrong.

It is advised to rather build iOS apps using phonegap build rather than XDK.

IAP products must be configured into the iTune Connect interface and you should have contracts up for it to work (still in that interface).

I plan on doing a tutorial like the one I made for Android but I need to research and manage into getting the app to work in a first time.

It's not yet the case and is the end of year.

• I need to look further into the iOS part of things.

It is advised to rather build iOS apps using phonegap build rather than XDK.

IAP products must be configured into the iTune Connect interface and you should have contracts up for it to work (still in that interface).

I plan on doing a tutorial like the one I made for Android but I need to research and manage into getting the app to work in a first time.

It's not yet the case and is the end of year.

I just found intel xdk easier to use but if i use phone gap will that solve my problem?

• Tag: Kyatric

Also if i use phone gap will i need a plugin for the IAP object to work with ios? or will it work without me doing anything but with it? Also when you say Phone gap build do you mean adobe phone gap build the online thing:

https://build.phonegap.com/apps

• [quote:bz22lpi4]I need to look further into the iOS part of things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah use PhoneGap, and take a look at this too https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... ction.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)