How do I get game's sound to play now it's uploaded to web?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • Hi all,

I've managed to export my game to html5 and upload it to my ftp server.

If I point my browser to the index.html file then the game launches and plays fine, but there is no sound.

Wondered if this might be a MIME issue?

I'm on a Linux server, so I followed the instructions my provider gave along with what Scirra says about MIME types and added...

AddType audio/ogg .ogg

AddType audio/mp4 .mp4

...to the htaccess file but no luck. Does that sound right? It isn't working anyway. Anyone got any suggestions?

(I'm using Wordpress though I'm not sure this is affecting the issue.)

Thank you!

• MP4? Is you trying M4A? If you can get M4A working in server, this can work very well in browser (is different the platforms that supports M4A and OGG). Good luck!

• Thanks, Daniel. Good spot.

On the Scirra tutorial it says audio/mp4 for .m4a files, so I'd just copied that, but shouldn't t be audio/m4a?

Anyway - I tried changing it to m4a and that didn't work either.

Has anyone got any suggestions for what might be going wrong here?

I'm stumped.

• Ok now it plays when I launch in IE but not in Chrome...

Any help would be very gratefully received.

• What's your Chrome and Construct 2 version? Can you attach the .capx?

• Both Chrome and Construct 2 are the latest versions. I can't attach the capx as it has personal info in (would take too long to explain why) but the sound works in Chrome when offline so I don't think the issue is with the capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Working in IE? BINGO! You can clear the cache of your Chromium browser and re-open your app to test the sounds

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)