How do I fix this grenade to collide with the ground?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • Ok, so I've recently picked back up this game that me and a few friends were making and it took a bit to figure out where I was but I got it. Now, I remember I got this grenade to work before we stopped working on it so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I also lost the copy where the grenade was working so I don't know how to go back to it.

That's what the grenade is doing. It's not colliding with the ground like the player and bullets do. I have physics and rotate on and I tried enabling collisions at spawn with no luck. Here is the behavior settings of the grenade:

Here is a gif displaying the bullets working on collide:

I made sure it's going to the right layer.

And this grenade is going to be a smoke grenade, and I think I remember how to do the smoke particles and all that jazz. So now worries about it destroying tiles or anything.

Oh, and just in case the tiles might be a problem here is a picture of their settings

Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated

• Update: I've thought of a way that might work. I'm going to make a thin, transparent layer to go over the hitboxes on the platforms and see if they will collide with those. I'm thinking the problem could be because they are tilemaps and not actual objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update 2: I tried making a hitbox for the tilemap but not even that collided with the grenade. My player was able to jump on it but my grenade just fell through like it did before. i'm starting to think it's an issue with the grenade and not the tile like I had initially thought.

I'm am completely out of ideas now.

• Why does the grenade use physics-behaviour?

Wouldn't using bullet-behaviour get the job done?

Physics doesn't collide with object with the solid behaviour, only with other objects with physics behaviour..

• Why does the grenade use physics-behaviour?

Wouldn't using bullet-behaviour get the job done?

Physics doesn't collide with object with the solid behaviour, only with other objects with physics behaviour..

Thank you for the reply.

I switched it to bullet-behavior last night, and I think I'll have to do some tweaking to get it right. The dream is for the player to lob it, but I'm not sure if I could get that to work. Maybe I could get away with rolling it. Also I was having trouble with the grenade bouncing on impact with the ground and looping like that, I'm sure there's a gravity setting I could apply. I don't want to disable "Bounces off solids" because I would like it to bounce on the ground.

I'm going on a trip so I wont be able to work on it for about a week, so hopefully I can get a fresh viewpoint then.

• Bullet has a gravity setting in it's properties, creating the "lob" should be easy..

You could choose to subtract from the speed on collision with the floor, to prevent the bounce to be too big..

• Bullet has a gravity setting in it's properties, creating the "lob" should be easy..

You could choose to subtract from the speed on collision with the floor, to prevent the bounce to be too big..

I didn't think about subtracting speed from the collision on floor, that sounds like a fantastic idea if I could get it to look semi-realistic. Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)