How do I fix these errors in Visual Studio - Windows 8 game

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
7 Errors
$15 USD
7 Errors is a game where you have to find the 7 mistakes before time runs out. Can you find all 7? Have fun looking.
  • Hi, it's my first time creating a Windows 8 game, but I have some issues, at least Visual Studio is advising me about them. The game indeed opens correctly, but I get these errors and messages in the console:

HTML1701: Dynamic content can't be added '<select msallowclip=''><option selected=''></option></select>'.

It is a bit larger, but the error appears in spanish. I suppose that's because my Microsoft account it's in spanish? Anyway I'll try to translate them, or at least the most important parts of the messages.

It also tells me this:

WEBGL11135: getContext: the context attribute depth:false isn't compatible currently File: c2runtime.js, Line: 3371, Column: 5

Also if I try to resize the game, I get this warning:

The method Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.get_Value has been deprecated. Value may be altered or unavailable for releases after Windows 8.1. Instead, query for window layout sizes directly.

I'm using Windows 8.1, and I exported the game as an universal app. I'm using the PubCenter plugin as well.

Also, how can I show an image or text when the player has resized the game? I saw some apps on which if you resize the game, it shows an splash screen with a logo or a message telling you to play in full-screen, instead of showing the resized game.

I appreciate your help; I always have issues when I start working with a new technology, but anyway, Visual Studio is fun to use so far

• Not that I can tell you what is wrong, but it sounds a lot like some sort of bug. So if I were you I would try to post it in the bug section and maybe Ashley can clarify it for you. At least that my best advice

• Ok, I'll try to submit the bug report. Another strange thing is that the pubcenter ads don't appear, even when I added the correct settings in the plugin; or the ads don't appear in the testing phase with Visual Studio? Does it works when the app has been compiled? >.<

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump! Apparently I fixed some errors when I modified some values. Still I cannot find a solution for the other two, though I have searched on the forum and multiple websites as well >.<

"The method Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.get_Value has been deprecated. Value may be altered or unavailable for releases after Windows 8.1. Instead, query for window layout sizes directly."

I searched in the c2runtime.js but I cannot find a way to fix that. I also found a topic on other website which said how to fix the snap issue, but it's old, from 2012, and apparently the c2runtime.js doesn't uses that type of code anymore.

And also, is there a way to show a pause image or something when the players snaps the game? I think the Windows 8 plugin had this option before, right? But now, how can you do that? I read somewhere that you had to issue CSS queries to check if the app was being snapped, but I don't know how I would use these queries in Construct 2.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)