How do I Fix these bugs

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi all,

I released my gamejam game a few days ago, I've tried to fix any bugs in it myself but there's 2 I just can't figure out and would greatly appreciate some help.

The first is a sine problem with my elevators, when you go up or down sometimes they will work perfectly, other times they will be a few pixels more up or down then they're meant to be and if you keep using the elevator it just gets worse and worse. Here are screens of how I set them up and the properties:

and my second problemis to do with the screen transition while on the elevator, I did the exact same thing as my door transition which works perfectly but if you jump while on the elevator sometimes the camera will go into a random room or the default start room and I have no idea why because it works on the doors without fail so far. There's a collision box outside the screen that when hero colides with it it does this:

If you need to see it in motion my game is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659596

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I've spent so much time on this game I don't want it to be ruined by my lack of experience.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should actually try to reproduce the mechanisme directly in a new capx that you would provide here.

Screenshots are just not enough to help out with your issue. Your description is unfortunately too abstract.

• Sorry I wasn't sure what to do since it was a complete game, but I just did a basic recreation of it. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pomxeh1xqe4sd ... .capx?dl=0

It was done quickly but has the exact same events. The camera bug is hard to recreate, I haven't had it happen in a while but people who review my game say it happens a lot so I don't know how to go about fixing it. The sine problem though is still there in the example, it will be a few pixels off every time you use it. I made it all by the power of 2 so it should work but I'm sure i'm overlooking something obvious.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)