How do I fix my Over-zealous sprite?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hello!

Currently dabbling with a little project, although I am some what stuck on my path finding as the sprite keeps rotating as opposed to staying upright. Is there anyway to cycle through sprites as in use Sprite A to move up, Use sprite B to move right and so forth?

Also, not connected directly to this question although I know that free-roaming AI will be a nightmarish mess of commands but I require some form of basis to start working from. Any ideas from our lovely community?

Many love and thanks,

Damion

• Couldn't you just set rotate to NO in the pathfinding properties?

• For the free roaming AI, you could store a range of where it can move, eg max x, min x, max y, min y, then use the pathfinding behaviour, select a random x and y coordinate within that range and have the character move to it with pathfinding. Once they have reached it, move to another random point, repeat. This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it may be a start.

• Thank you for the speedy replies.

Couldn't you just set rotate to NO in the pathfinding properties?

If I do this, the sprite just refuses to move in general. Although I do have a string of terrible luck so maybe it just hates me?

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it may be a start.

It is a start and I thank you, any further information would be more than appreciated but you have help out massively.

Many Thanks guys,

Damion

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/bunnies-603

How about this? The rabbits are bound within the region of the field and wander around it. They also go into holes and come out of other ones.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)