How do I fix a game with corrupted PNGs?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I have. I've been working on a game for maybe 4 or 5 months now, and I recently exported the game as an HTML5 project to drop on Newgrounds.com. Bear with me, because I have a bit of explaining to do to be clear about my questions.

After I uploaded it, I noticed the resolution was weird, so I fixed it in the editor and went to re-export the game. When I thought I was deleting the folder with the exported HTML5 game, I actually had highlighted the folders in the project, and hit delete. I caught my mistake at maybe 17% through the download and cancelled, but a good number of my animations/assets are pretty screwed. When I try to open the project, it tells me a whole bunch of animations and assets are missing, and that some of them can't be displayed properly, but it has empty placeholders for all of them.

I still have all of the sprite sheets from the exported version (and the original sprite sheets from when I created them initially), and the event sheets are all still intact, despite the assets being corrupt. At first I was relieved because I believed I could simply re-import the images and re-align the origin points (time consuming though it would be) and that would fix the problem for me. A few of the assets and animations are present in the projects window, and when I open them they seem intact, but they don't display properly in the editor on the stage windows. I found out I could open the sprites, "resize" them (read: click resize, make no changes, and hit okay) and they would appear in the stage. I also could duplicate certain animations and rename the duplications as their initial names to make them appear in the stage properly.

When I saved the project after making some changes to those assets and re-loaded the project, however, it reverted back to the blank state of the project being completely corrupt, and all of the assets not displaying properly. That's including the ones I'd "fixed."

I'm hoping someone can tell me that it'll all be okay, and there's a tried-and-true way to remedy this situation. If I have to create a new project and start over I'll probably cry about it for a good bit and then get to it, but if there's anyone who this has happened to, and who knows a way that's shorter than just beginning again, I'd be forever in your debt if you could help me out.

Thank you so much for your time,

Scott

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C2 creates autosaves as a separate file for the project every 20 min I think try finding this file its like Capx.autosave just delete the .autosave part and try opening it

also it backups the project in a folder you set every 15 min take a look and post

• Thanks! I'll try that when I get home.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)