How do I do the accounting for a purchase on this website?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • I have bought a business license as well as an arts license and I paid with U.S and CAD respectively.

How do I do the accounting for these transactions becuase I do not see a tax on the purchase??

The VAT total says 0?

Is this correct if I am trying to journalize the transactions?

Debit Software product (price of business license)

Credit cash (price of business license)

?? There is no tax account for this transaction or is it hidden??

I have read scirra long document about taxes but I didn't understand it. Does that mean the taxes are hidden?

• Pretty sure there is no tax.

They expect you to take care of reporting anything taxable to your own government.

• But what does that mean. I do not understand the point that there is no tax in a transaction? Considering I'm from Canada I am expecting a 13 percent tax on this product 0.0 why is it so confusing....

• I can only give you two bits of advice.

Keep your receipts, and hire an accountant.

• You are purchasing from the UK though, so they are not charging Canadian taxes.

• But they are not charging VAT taxes either becuase it states nothing....

• Why not email and see if Tom may be able to help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you have a business? Are you purchasing via a business other than sole proprietor?

If you do, then your accountant will sort it out, but it sounds like you purchasing in your own personal capacity(sole proprietor). So you have no way of getting vat, or taxes back unless you are a vat vendor (each country is different), but I doubt it.

Add the total costs to your business expenses - [that is what you paid]

• Purchasing as a business and I want to learn how to do accounting becuase I was very good in school but we didn't have taxation courses, so I'm learning but I can't understand something with no answers

I just wish if you boguht the business license you would have phone support

• Tax-laws are different in every country, you can hardly expect Scirra to take every single country into account..

In Holland, where I live, buying a business licence would fall under business investments and the whole amount can as such be deducted from your business profits..

• Purchasing as a business and I want to learn how to do accounting becuase I was very good in school but we didn't have taxation courses, so I'm learning but I can't understand something with no answers

I just wish if you boguht the business license you would have phone support

Lol, don't think scirra is an accounting firm well last time I checked.

and the cost of the business license doesn't come close to adding phone support, it is not viable.

Good phone support should cost you 500 plus for support and that is around 5 hours.

Yes, you can get cheap phone support - lol, but if you want credible, authoritative support, then you pay a premium.

I just paid around $400 for 45min with a lawyer (over email)... to give you an indication. (worth every cent)

If you keen to learn, go over to your local tax collection agency... trust me, they are more than willing to give you documentation, and many offer free courses.

Also tons on youtube on accountancy, but not country specific most times. Best bet is to go talk to your taxman.

Or pay a bit and do CIMA.

• You can download an invoice for your purchases when connected to the account that made the purchase in the "Payment history" page.

But as far as accounting goes, it's indeed depending on your countries laws and way of doing, and has nothing to do further with Scirra.

To get answers to your tax related questions, you should actually contact a proper accountant or lawyer of your own country.

• You should have a receipt in your account. If you need an invoice, please email us with the transaction ID and we'll provide you with access to one in your account.

Business license purchases should by default issue invoices.

• US Tax Questions--

So does any purchase related to game creation count as a US business expense?

I've also asked my accountant--

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Is-Your-Hobby-a- ... ndeavor%3F

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)