How do I do auto-pathing, like for bot-car

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Move around the rectangular and travel as much as you can!
  • Hi, how I can do auto-pathing system for bot-car in my car game?

This is my "code" now;

And the code that "helps" me, (contruct 2 example code):

• Auto-pathing as in over a predetermined path or does it have to find it's own path via al algorithm?

• Auto-pathing as in over a predetermined path or does it have to find it's own path via al algorithm?

Umm, In first place I'd like it to solve the way, just that I don't need to re-code always to new level/race/road-style

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know it's an older post, but some people are asking me how I did my racer game and to post it public I'm using this topic.

This was a long dialog on the forum to understand how the logic of a race game works.

First, the AI need some support to understand the path, like the actual Uber self-driving cars. So, you can do it by placing way-points (placeholders) with instance variables stored while giving the bot-driver some insights of how to drive to the next way-point.

Each waypoint have two instance variables, one called ID and another called Rank.

The racer-bot should use the car-behavior to drive to the next way-point also, you should setup it to turn toward that direction, plus, give him some variable behavior.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)