How do I Detect ANY animation ending, solid objects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • I have an "Attack" object that represents a sword swing, and I spawn it and use it to detect when you hit something with your weapon. I figured every melee weapon is more or less the same, so they all use the same object. Each weapon should look different, so that sprite has like a dozen animations. I've been using the animation: OnFinished trigger to destroy the attack, but it seems to require the name of the animation, and I have bunch of animations that all do the same thing. Can I perhaps use a wildcard?

My other question was about collisions. I was wondering if there is a way to detect collisions with solid objects, even without picking the collided object? There are the overlapping and overlapping at offset conditions, but they require a specific object or family. Can I use these conditions with "any solid"?

• 1. use the Sprite.on any finished.

2.Just put all collidable objects into a family, then test on collision with that family.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. omg I can't believe I missed that.....

2. That's what I was doing. I'm kinda tempted to create a custom behavior that uses runtime.testOverlapSolid(), but I'll leave it for now, unless it becomes a serious pain.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)