How do I create an animation of a circle being drawn?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm just starting to learn how to use Construct 2, and I am looking for some help in creating an animation. I'm trying to create an animation of a circle being drawn on the screen (I'm using it as a timer), but I'm having problems creating an animation like this. Most of the tutorials are on moving and rotating sprites on the screen, but doesn't really cover how to draw something like this. I've tried creating a dot and rotating it around a point in a 360 degree circle, but I can't seem to create a trail that would be left behind to create the circle. I tried a few other ways, but I can't seem to create this animation. I'm pretty new to Construct 2, or just creating animated PNG files in general, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Depending on how resource intensive your scene is - the easiest way is to make that one dot you have rotating spawn other dots - frequency depends on movement speed.

• Thanks for your suggestion. I'm a little concerned about spawning so many objects to build the circle, but I'll give it a try.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • JeffreyT

I put together an example for you. Its not the most elegant thing in the world and it has its limitation but I figured it might give you some inspiration. I have a circle that has 4 frames of animations, one for each quadrant, then I have a mask that rotates around revealing the circle a bit at a time. The mask only works if its the same color as the background. So if you are planning on putting your clock on top of a solid color this could work for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)