How do I create a item based event?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello. I am new to Construct 2 and have been finding answers to most of my questions. This one i havent been able to.

How do i create an event in my match 3 game that is item based? For example you have to match up so and so amount of a certain block to pass the level in a certain amount of time.

Would i have to go to the particular item needed on that level and create a new behavior that does a countdown every time thats clicked. Then create a countdown event for that item so that every time that match is made it counts down or up for a specific amount.

I am a pure noob, several projct ideas and trying to gather as much info as possible before doing anything, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Tried searching on here and on google and i couldnt seem to find anything that fits.

Is there a tutorial that i messed that would help me this? Any and all advice or help is greatly appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This would be simple enough to make in C2. It's more about exactly what you need, you would need to explain the match 3 properly and what happens for anyone to give proper assistance. It sounds like you would mostly be making use of variables here though rather than behaviours.

• Variables okay. Its a match 3 game thats similar to candy crush. You have to collect "acorns" to get to the next level. Lets say you need five acorns to get to level two. I want to be able to show how many acorns have been matched up and how many are left to go.

Var could be the solution. I will keep googling. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)