How do I change specific tiles on a randomly generated dung?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Piano tiles
$9.99 USD
Template for a piano tiles game, fully documented in comments and video
  • I am making a random generated dungeon and I want the sprites or tiles to change depending where they are located.

Something like this. --https://marketplacecdn.yoyogames.com/images/assets/1595/screenshots/4362_original.png?1425331728--

I am using the --https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1112/procedural-dungeon-generation-a-roguelike-game-- capx to start with.

• Edited :

Here is an image of what he wants ( His rep isn't high enough to post this maybe):

• Thanks for the help but I already know that. I am talking about how to get the sprite or tile to have the right frame you want so they can be for the top, sides, bottom, and corners like in the picture.

I am not sure how I can get the game to know which is what to make it choose the right frame for the right place like if the sprite or tile needed to be top, side, bottom, or corner frame.

EDIT: To clarify, it is a randomly generated dungeon so I need something that would be able to change the frames to the right ones where they are needed.

• bump, I thought it was a different question.

maybe these members can help better

LittleStain korbaach blackhornet

Kyatric

• Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried to add a different sprites to different image points to the room sprite to change the frames but because of the different sized rooms and halls they don't always end up with the right frame.

• Bump. I feel like I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work but can't.

I really need this to work to make dungeons look good. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it to work or if it isn't possible, let me know.

• Bump again.

I would appreciate any help. The halls are giving me the most problems with not changing to the right frame.

• Sorry about bumping so much. I really want to get this working but I am out of ideas.

R0J0hound Can you help please? You are one of the geniuses of C2 and I am interested if this is possible or if I should stop looking for an answer.

• Something like this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply.

Yes. Something like that might work but I'm not sure how to exactly get it to work with the random generated capx because it doesn't use arrays.

What would you do to add it in the capx to let the game know what to change the tilemap to?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)