How do I change random expression over time?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hello everyone!

I hope you can help me on this one.

I'm creating an object every random time of 5 an 10 sec. "System-Every Random (5,10) seconds".

What I need is after 20 seconds the random time goes to 1 and 5 seconds, and so on.

How do I do it? I hope you can help me.

Best!

Tuca

• Set a Global variable n and instead of using

"System-Every Random (5,10) seconds"[/code:30bx26nm]

use

[code:30bx26nm] "System-Every Random (n x 5, n x 10) seconds"[/code:30bx26nm]

Then every time you change the Global variable your randomness changes accordingly.

Hope I explained that correctly
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi BigFrank,

Thank you for your reply. It makes perfect sense!

But for some reason I can't get it to work properly. Is it possible for you make a simple capx with this? The object has a bullet behavior.

Thanks in advance,

• Hmm, I roughed out a capx for you but I don't seem to be able to upload a file on this forum. I probably need a higher rep or post count or something like that.

• I've sent it to you by email. You should wait until the spawnDelay hits "0" - that's when it gets funny!

• Wow, that's perfect bigfrank!

Thank you so much for your help, This was exacly what I need!

All the best!

• I've sent it to you by email. You should wait until the spawnDelay hits "0" - that's when it gets funny!

Aw, c'mon. I want to see!

I'm still confused about the random events. Can somebody create a video example of how all of the separate 'random' commands work with regards to any kind of object it can be applied to?

Obviously I'm begging for a full video manual, LOL.

• Here it goes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l6v5ntqj5ljv7g/spawnDelay.capx?dl=0

Credits to BigFrank.

• Hehehehe, now that's what I call a SPAWN!

Edit: I just ran it in debug mode and at 0 spawnDelay there's up to 395 objects on screen

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)