How do I can restore a deleted capx file

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • hi i accidentally deleted a folder that contain capx files and the backup of my game, so my question is can i restore it by any way ? i exported the game in html 5 format before i lost the capx file . so there is any way to convert the exported files into capx ? and thank you in advanced

• Short answer is no.

You MIGHT be able to recover deleted content on a hard drive though. See

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi i accidentally deleted a folder that contain capx files and the backup of my game, so my question is can i restore it by any way ? i exported the game in html 5 format before i lost the capx file . so there is any way to convert the exported files into capx ? and thank you in advanced

It's not possible to revert an exported project back to a .capx for obvious (anti-piracy) reasons.

If you simply deleted the file/folder, then a free undelete program, such as Recuva may be able to scan for the deleted files and recover them.

The following article includes a list of tools and also a guide on how to recover deleted files:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/best-free-data-recovery-tools-1321723

• thanks oosyrag and zenox98 for reply , i already test many recovery tools and 99% of files i recovered are system files , txt files, icons, fonts, except the capx files or backup.

• It depends on how valuable your data was and much you want to spend to get it back. The best chance you would have of retrieving your data would be to take your hard drive to a professional recovery service, explain to them the exact steps you did to delete your partitions and pay the professionals to retrieve your data. you could try using Pandora Recovery

• And this is why you have to keep backups. If you really need the date back you can take your hard disk to the places where they sell PC's, they usually have a repair service that can bring back your deleted files.

• yeah now i make always backups in several places . thank you guys for your valuable response

• ..... except the capx files or backup.

1/ .... looks like you misplaced it, unless you use SHIFT + DEL (as i do), else those recovery apps would have found something.

2/ take a look in to folder C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\ ..... where XXXXX stands for you username. Look in there for folders that start with 'cap'. If you recently exported it, i could be still in there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)