How do I Allow the Player to Record the Screen?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hi,

I searched the plugins list (first and third party) and couldn't find what I was looking for - it probably doesn't exist. Is there a way, or a plugin that provides the functionality, for the player to click a button and record their screen? While I'm thinking crazy, maybe allow them to choose a window they want to capture or area of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

• This idea just comes from nowhere....and could work....although i dont think it will be very good.

As you can snap a screenshot, and display it in a sprite. When displayed in a sprite it replaces the current frame in the sprite. So if you have a sprite with XXX frames that you can replace, then you should be able to "record" as many frames as you have in the sprite. Then display it by playing the animation.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply. I was looking for something more dynamic, where the player can click a button and choose the screen to record on their computer. Oh well, looks like it can't be done - at least not without a lot of code and workarounds.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)