How do I access google play game services [solved]

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi,

I've published my game GATE: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gate/id960357237?mt=8 on iOS, and for the past week I've been working on porting it to android using the intel XDK and crosswalk android.

I'm having some trouble getting game services to work wondered if anybody has had any luck using the intel XDK themselves? If so what process did you use?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Rob

• I've managed to get game services to work with someones help myself. But it's a long and arduous process with a lot of steps...

Maybe one day I'll try to gather everything I've learned and make a nice, easy to follow tutorial.

But for now just private message me with exactly what you've done so far and where you are stuck and I'll try to help and guide you through it.

• I am also having a hard time to make Google Play Game Services and Game Center to work with native and cranberry plugins. I've tried all tutorials but things simply don't work. Any help would be appreciated!

• I've managed to get game services to work with someones help myself. But it's a long and arduous process with a lot of steps...

Maybe one day I'll try to gather everything I've learned and make a nice, easy to follow tutorial.

But for now just private message me with exactly what you've done so far and where you are stuck and I'll try to help and guide you through it.

Fantastic, glad its at least possible! I'm just writing a PM with all the details. Thanks!

I am also having a hard time to make Google Play Game Services and Game Center to work with native and cranberry plugins. I've tried all tutorials but things simply don't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Google play is yet to be tackled, but Game Center was from what I can remember,straight forward. The built in game center expressions work just fine on the construct side. Then just export with cordova. Wack the cordova files into the www folder then build for iOS. Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)". Also, make sure you have sandbox enabled on your testing device via: settings > game center. Alternatively just try in the xcode simulator.

If you need some more info on game center, just PM me where your up to and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for all the help!

• Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".

Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?

• > Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".

>

Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?

com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game is the plugin that construct 2 uses, but still needs to be installed via the terminal.

https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cr ... lugin.game

I should probably note that I used the mac terminal method with cordova for iOS instead of the intel XDK, so if that's what your using then I don't really have a clue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Obviously you'll have to install the plugin into the folder, for that just type "cordova plugin add (plugin directory)".

> >

>

> Hey, it seems I am missing something. Which cordova plugin you are talking about? Game Center? Where can I find it?

>

com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.game is the plugin that construct 2 uses, but still needs to be installed via the terminal.

https://github.com/cranberrygame/com.cr ... lugin.game

I should probably note that I used the mac terminal method with cordova for iOS instead of the intel XDK, so if that's what your using then I don't really have a clue.

Thank you! The repository url is all I need to install the plugin vi XDK interface. I am testing again right now! Many thanks!

• I'm also using the Phonegap Game plugin from Cranberry game, exporting using IntelXDK, and it's working fine on Android. The only problem I had was when I tried to export a decimal number to a leaderboard.

But when I used the following processus :

• Set (number variable) to (non-decimal number)
    • submit score of (number variable) to leaderboard (whatever)

it worked perfectly. Just avoid submitting a score that is defined in the submit score action

for example :

submit score of (3*whateverVariable-(10/whateverOtherVariable)) to leaderboard

didn't work for me.

Put the result of the calculation into one variable and export it.

I never had problems with achievements.

• ... still not working... Are you able to test it with the Adhoc build? Or you are able to test only with production build via TestFlight?

• Jailson Testing can be done straight from xcode. Just plug your device in and hit build. Alternatively, set your target as one of the simulators if you don't have a device to test on. There's no need to archive till everything is ready, or you want to beta test to allot of people.

• hayes,

My development environment is Windows. I just use the Macbook of my boss to upload the game to iTunes Connect (via Application Loader). I have devices here to test, I use to install the new versions of the apps via iTunes to test it, creating an adhoc build. I only create the production build when everything is fine.

But I am not being able to check if Game Center is working this way. I don't either know if it is possible. The GameCenter "Welcome" does not pops up. What to do next?

• Jailson Not tested without a mac before so I can't really help you with that process and its limitations.

The main thing that I can think is that you need to turn sandbox mode on. On your iOS device go to settings > game center. Scroll to the bottom and it should have an option to turn sandbox mode on. If the option isn't there then you will have to plug your device into a mac and boot up xcode. Sadly right now, I don't think there's another way. I remember reading a while ago that it was a big problem for testflight and the sandbox option won't ever appear.

It might still be worth giving it a bit of a google though, see if there's another method of turning sandbox mode on.

• , it is already on. Thank you for all your advices. Really appreciated. I will keep trying and google more. I'll keep you updated!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)