How do I a smash style character selection screen?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hey!

I am working on a four player local coop arena game of sorts. I have made 4 characters, and up until now character 1 has been bound to controller 1, character 2 bound to player 2, ect. Now I would like each controller to be able to select a character in a select screen. I have 4 global variables that are set 0-3 depending on which character they choose. Similar to smash where everyone could be different characters or everyone could be the same character.

It looks like this: https://gfycat.com/JealousHappyFugu

(sorry it took so long I am testing solo)

All of the event sheets look like this:

How do I set the characters I've made to the global variable I have stored? I was thinking of just plugging in the global player select variables I have, but that could be an issue if everyone picks character one. I was up late last night trying to think of a solution. The only thing I can think of is creating 4 characters for each player for each controller and then only activate the one they choose, but that seems like a lot of extra work and inefficient.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I ended up making an alternate gamepad control for each character and only activating that control scheme according to the controller that selected the character. Then spawning the players on the layout according to how many controllers picked a character.

Here's what it looks like now along with an example the same controls for another controller:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)