Help on Includes(VIDEO WOULD HELP)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm trying to make a start screen layout for my game. I added a button. I want it to set that button so when it's pressed it goes to the game. but I can't connect the 2 event sheet together(2 Layouts = 2 Event sheet). So I typed it in on Google and found something called Includes. I tried it but it doesn't recognise the other event sheet. Can someone please help me. Try making a video. That will help alot.

Thanks.

PS: To get the second layout and event sheet I pressed new project. Does this have anything to do with it. Also its for HTML.

• on button pressed go to layout 2.

There is no need to include an event-sheet for that. You can include other event-sheets when necessary by right clicking the event sheet and choosing include, but as I said before you don't need that here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "PS: To get the second layout and event sheet I pressed new project. Does this have anything to do with it. Also its for HTML."

This is where you went wrong. New project creates something separate from the current project, so you end up with Game A and Game B.

Create the new layout inside of the project and you'll be fine.

• And yes, a new project is not the same as a new layout. otherwise layout two would probably be called project 2. to add another layout to your project right click on the layout folder on the right and add new layout.

The manual is available on this site as are tutorials, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to read about construct two to learn the basics.

• then how do you get layout 2 and stuff like that? Thanks

• In the project menu, right click on the Layouts folder and add new layout. Then to get to it add an event in your game the way littlestain stated in the above post.

• Thanks i figured it out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)