Help creating game [Timelapse/VisualNovel]

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone,

Well i'm trying to set up a kinda visual novel type game.

So what i would need is:

A timelapse system for 7 days of the week and day time/night time.

Basically you start the game Monday daytime, you can make some actions that consume time (with action points), when the limit is reached --->go to night time, when the nightime actions points are consumed ---> go to sleep -----> Game goes to next day "Tuesday daytime" and so on.

Some events would be available only some days of the week etc...

How do you think i could set that?

Thank you.

• Does each action progress time or is it only when all actions are completed because you could have gradual lighting changes and make an an animation for sprites such as sun and stars

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

It's only when all actions are completed (action points used)

any ideas?

I can give you a more detailed exemple if you want, let me know.

• first you need some varables, "Time" and "Day" have both be a number and start at zero Also every time you compleat a event that will remove time left simply add X points to "Time". You will want to add up so when Time=X becomes greater than 24 reset the varable "Time" to 0 and add 1 to "Day". And consider 0 to be 12PM so you can start with Time=12.

To change day/night as you progress Have a condition that when Time>=19 & Time <=6 change you backround to night and another that when Time >=6 & Time <=19 it turns to day.

Also have conditions for when Day=0,1,2 etc to mark your progress and do unique actions. Actually you can use the command Groups, right click in the event sheet. And have things spefific to Monday be in the Monday group, Tuesday in a Tusday group etc. Groups can be turned on and off so one could have only certen things happen when a group is active.

To have a sleep feature simply set the varable Time=When ever you get up and add 1 to Day

I hope that helps get you started at least.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok thank you,

i'm gonna need some time to try that method.

I appreciate your feedback.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)