Freeze game until input is recieved?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi,

I'm writing a function that will throw a dialogue box on screen, freeze the game while it's on, and then disappear/turn the game back to normal when it's done. In this case, the function should end when the player touches the screen, or maybe the box itself.

I'm having a little trouble getting it to work, when I call two of these functions in the same event they just run into each other. I'd like to be able to have conversations by calling lots of these functions, so I need them to be able to freeze/release the game within the function itself, so that the next function will be able to do the same thing. Does anyone have advice as to how I can do it?

• if you don't use physics, you can create a function to set the timescale of all objects you want to be stopped to 0, another one to reset the timescale of these objects

And you call the first before you show you dialog box, and after the dialog is over, you call the second one

Hope that will help

aka: you don't use one unique function to do all of it, also, the freezing functions can be used for other things later

• The freezing functions don't seem to stop functions from being called, though. Is this a bug? When time scale = 0, all activity should stop, correct?

• No. Time Scale only freezes the object's movement among other things.

Events and Calculations keep running as normal.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I found a workaround where if I insert a wait between functions, everything works the way I want it to - it won't advance until player input.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)