Export directly to HTML5 package

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Is there a way to directly export to HTML5 in the free one, without submitting it online? While I do think it's cool that you can share for free, I have some smaller projects I want to save that I don't really think are worth sharing with EVERYONE, and one time I tried making a presentation using this, and it didn't work at all because I couldn't figure out how to export it as something USABLE. I would share if I had something worth sharing, but I don't, and yet, I do still need to use it. Does that make any sense?

• HTML5 apps need to run on a webserver, they won't run local expect in preview mode. In the non free version you can export to Node Webkit which creates an executable, not sure if you can do that in the free version or not.

• To store your sources, save as single capx file.

Otherwise, HTML5 is to be hosted online, and this is done through exporting as HTML5.

You can host it on dropbox or google drive if you want.

Free version doesn't allow export to node-webkit/executables.

• If you want to run a presentation, just preview from the Construct 2 editor itself.

• I have created MYSQL and php , and using AJAX to link it together.

However, after I have exported it HTML 5 it couldnt work.I am using localhost though.

Thank you!

• Wait, I can't run it without a server? Can't I just open the HTML file in a browser when I'm done? I'm not sharing it exactly, my idea at the time was a presentation somewhat like a powerpoint (but more interesting) and it was just going to be used between two computers. And no I can't use the CAPX file because I wanted to use it for a presentation on another computer using a flashdrive, so no Construct. I could try convincing my teacher at school to install it, but that's probably going to be denied.

• Do you have Dropbox? you can put it in the public folder there and run it from the web browser, however it will still require internet access to load it.

For Example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/854 ... index.html

Edit: As of Oct 2016 Dropbox no longer supports this

• Wait, I can't run it without a server? Can't I just open the HTML file in a browser when I'm done? I'm not sharing it exactly, my idea at the time was a presentation somewhat like a powerpoint (but more interesting) and it was just going to be used between two computers. And no I can't use the CAPX file because I wanted to use it for a presentation on another computer using a flashdrive, so no Construct. I could try convincing my teacher at school to install it, but that's probably going to be denied.

The reason you can't just run an "HTML" file is because of file loading. A handful of browsers will not let files loaded from "file://" but only from "html://". This isn't a C2 limitation this is a browser design. Some browsers will let you, other will let you change security restrictions. however these are based on the browser you are using and not C2.

So yes, if you want to carry a exported version of a game around. Your going have to get a portable webserver. I would suggest MOWES. I found it super easy to get going with least effort to configure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think that the file opening thing is the limitation. I open local HTML files all the time, albeit without javascript. I even tested it on several. IE: Yes Chrome: yes Firefox: yes Maxthon: yes

• I exported my project to a folder on my desktop, zipped it up, emailed to a friend and they opened the index.html to run, worked fine.

• I exported my project to a folder on my desktop, zipped it up, emailed to a friend and they opened the index.html to run, worked fine.

Hmm... really? I'm going to try it again.

*clickity click click*

It opened, it had a title, but the browser only shows a black screen. No interactive stuff or anything. But maybe it's because I tried it with the beta version...

• maybe, I'm using r139 or so and my project doesn't do very much at this point.

Also, I thought I read somewhere about the black screen thing...sure don't rem what it was though...maybe search the forum.

This can work, but it is not an obligation (in fact, for me It opens a popup saying "Games won't work until you upload them" or something like that, this popup feels so mainly by the way)

If you want to be able to share your project without a webserver, I think there is really old tutorials on how to incorporate inside a node-webkit executable without C2's help, but I am not sure I should talk about that, don't think this is against the free license conditions if you say that this has been done with C2.

If it is a problem, please make a mod say it to me and also delete the potential non-legal thingy

tutorial link: Link

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)