else with collisions

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • hi gang

why is the "else" and the "invert" disabled with the "collision with" condition? and therefore how does one create an action that changes a behavior after the collision has happened and is no longer happening?

for example, I want to change the friction value of an object when it collides with another object, but after it is no longer touching, I want the friction to go back to the previous value...

thanks!!

Dan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi gang

why is the "else" and the "invert" disabled with the "collision with" condition? and therefore how does one create an action that changes a behavior after the collision has happened and is no longer happening?

for example, I want to change the friction value of an object when it collides with another object, but after it is no longer touching, I want the friction to go back to the previous value...

thanks!!

Dan

A colision is true only the moment it collide, so an else can't be used here, in your case, I think you could:

On collision -> change friction

Is NOT overlapping, Trigger once while true -> change back friction to normal

I can't ensure that it'll work

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)