"Developer Certificate"

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I was finally able to get my game to emulate on INTEL XDK.

I was also able to stabilize the whole "plugin" situation by fetching older versions of the cordova-admobpro plugin. Launch icons and Splash screens are done as well.

I was about to create a build for my game when Intel XDK said I have to create a "DEVELOPER CERTIFICATE."

When I proceeded to attempt to create thing thing suddenly I'm required to create something called an "ANDROID KEYSTORE."

What the hell is all this? Will I have to remember all details I put into this "certificate" later when submitting my game? Right now I just want to create an APK to test on my phone; nothing permamanent yet as I fixed a small bug in my CAPX file again.

I am using this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4848/h ... alk/page-5

as my main guide for exporting and there is no mention of this whole "CERTIFICATE" thing. >: (

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hey MPPlantOfficial, here is the thing... an APK must be SIGNED before being used, it's quite easy to create a Keystore:

Inside the Intel XDk already have the option to create a Keystore, just get along with it and fill the field with the correct data:

ATTENTION: Save all data you fill to create your keystore, it's important that you never forget any of theses passwords and the Certificate Alias.

Once a APK is signed with a keystore and uploaded to Google Play, Google will not accept APKs with a different keystore. If you lose this keystore, YOU CAN'T UPDATE your apps never again.

I hope I helped.

Regards

• Once a APK is signed with a keystore and uploaded to Google Play, Google will not accept APKs with a different keystore. If you lose this keystore, YOU CAN'T UPDATE your apps never again.

I hope I helped.

Regards

Which is exactly why I don't want this crap yet. I'm making a TEST version of my game.

I created the "Keystore" with a name: "[MyGameTitle]Test"

As long as this isn't the one I UPLOAD to Google, can I create another build for my game using another Certificate?

• As long as this isn't the one I UPLOAD to Google, can I create another build for my game using another Certificate?

you can just you wont be able to update the old version via a webserver or something else.

you can use unlimited signing certifications on google.

the certification code... or the "apk signed" includes the com.developer.mygame code that you have in all your c2 projects. if that com.developer.mygame is different. then the google system looks at it as being a totally new game... however you can still upload it over the old apk of the same game. its just tedious work doing it like that.

the apk signing or android developer certification it was used for stencyl mobile export if i recall correctly... not c2... on c2 things are much easier. depends which exporter you want to use to make an apk.

you can create that keystore with intelxdk... but it was not needed before (6-7 months ago.)

the fastest way of doing it is by using ludeis system... if you got lucky and got an account since they just launched and they where giving premium accounts. then you dont have to worry about certification and apk signing.

just to update the version of the test project..(ie. version 1.0000, version 1.0001 etc) if you use the same com.developer.mygame code everytime.

that certification is usually used .... so people cant hack your apps. as i recall... i might be wrong ... but thats what was the main reason of it .. i guess they updated their privacy now...

however for just a test on mobile just connect your usb cable to your computer and test the app via intelxdk or via wi-fi network or on localhost:yourport...

i think you can do that via browser also on mobiles directly... by accesing the preview of your project via your mobile browser. just type in your mobile browser the address that is shown on your computer browser when you preview a project.

• >

> Once a APK is signed with a keystore and uploaded to Google Play, Google will not accept APKs with a different keystore. If you lose this keystore, YOU CAN'T UPDATE your apps never again.

>

> I hope I helped.

> Regards

>

Which is exactly why I don't want this crap yet. I'm making a TEST version of my game.

I created the "Keystore" with a name: "[MyGameTitle]Test"

As long as this isn't the one I UPLOAD to Google, can I create another build for my game using another Certificate?

You can sign it with any certificate you want, create a test certificate if you want, but you need to sign an apk to install on your device.

However you can only update the game on Google Play using ALWAYS the same certificate of the first submitted version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)