Death by sine waves

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Waves SFX Sea & Ocean contains 170 seamless loops.
  • I give up!

I think I have set the sine behavior settings in every possible way, but I can't figure this out:

I want to use a sine wave to lower the opacity of an object with the "value only" functionality of the sine wave.

But it seems like no matter how I change the settings, I can't get the opacity to start from 100 and go down from there.

What settings should I use for my sine wave so that I start the wave at value 100 and head downwards from that?

Here are my current sine settings:

Active on start: no

Movement: value only

Wave: sine

Period: 36

Period random: 0

Period offset: 0

Period offset random: 0

Magnitude: 100

Magnitude random: 0

• Dear god I finally figured it out.

In case it helps someone else, it seems to be all about quarters. When I set my period to 40 and Period offset to 10, I got the direction I needed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good to hear that it worked out for you, but I don't really understand. Why would you set the opacity with the 'value only' option if there's an 'opacity' option too?

• Good to hear that it worked out for you, but I don't really understand. Why would you set the opacity with the 'value only' option if there's an 'opacity' option too?

For an extra layer of control, I'd imagine. If they just want a certain range of opacity instead of 0-100 it's easiest to set it to a specific number plus the sine value every tick.

• > Good to hear that it worked out for you, but I don't really understand. Why would you set the opacity with the 'value only' option if there's an 'opacity' option too?

>

For an extra layer of control, I'd imagine. If they just want a certain range of opacity instead of 0-100 it's easiest to set it to a specific number plus the sine value every tick.

Yes, that's correct!

• Well if you want more control there is a sin expression....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)