Custom Platformer Movement not working!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hey guys, I've only just started using Construct 2 last night following the starter tutorials by Ashley and so far I love it!

I've been messing about with the engine a little but come to a problem with the custom movement for my platformer.

I've used the standard Keyboard: On * Pressed -> simulate platform pressing Right/Left/Jump, but for some reason only the Jump works when I assign the key. I checked the Platformer 4 (custom controls) tutorial and my set up is exactly the same, including the 'custom controls' option on my platformer-behaviour object.

I've tried re-doing the events, restarting construct, trying the same set-up in a new layout/eventsheet, tried it with different keys, tried on my 360 gamepad and even disabled every event other than the custom controls events but the result is always the same - the jump works but the movement left and right doesn't.

What (probably very obvious) thing am I missing here?!

Cheers guys!

• I checked around the forums before posting but couldn't find the answer I was looking for by the way!

• use on key down or else they only walk for a splitsecond when you release the key.

the capx: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3961018/simulate.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Embarrassingly simple haha, thanks peanut!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)