Collision for non transparent objects

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Hi, I don't know if this can be done , but was wondering if it is possible and I don't know how to go about it.

Currently, I have one PNG image. It has some transparency in it. Is there some way to ignore the transparent part of the image, and apply collision only to the non-transparent part of the PNG file? Right now it is taking the whole image as one, and I have to manually create collision boxes and set it to invisible, and then overlap it with the visible parts of the PNG.

Oh, maybe I should mention that it is a square which is enclose with no openings, and the transparency is inside that square.

• When you go into the sprite editor the last tool on the left under hotspot is a tool that lets you create custom collision points. You can draw a man with a knife and. Set your collision to the knife alone if that was what one wanted.

• Sounds to me like you are already doing it in the only possible way.

You can't make an open space within a collision polygon.

Why not just use the currently invisible objects and make them visible to create the box? The transparancy within the sprite is taking up useless graphic-memory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Woah. That is such creative genius level of thinking. I will try it now.

Mind = Blown.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)