When clay.io is activated (no internet) the game freezes

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I'm using clay.io tu put leaderboard, achievements and ads in my game. When connection is normal, everything's fine.

But I did a test with no internet connection (because the game is for mobile devices, so internet can't be a prerequisite to play) and, when a clay.io function is called (like 'award achievement' or 'post leaderboard score'), the game just freeze and don't returns..

Any tips? Thanks

• Bump :\

• Bump :>

I am not sure at 100%, but maybe the browser condition "is online" could help you with that

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Bump :> >

I am not sure at 100%, but maybe the browser condition "is online" could help you with that

Thanks for the answer

I've tried put 'is online' in the conditions too, but it didn't work. Nothing has changed...

Wtf... makes no sense that plugin crash without connection lol

Can anybody help me?

• No one with the same problem?

• Normally Clay.io would connect to the leaderboards and update them as necessary or pull data or whatever. But, because there is no internet, Clay.io can't establish a connection. In that case Clay.io is just sitting there waiting for a connection. The only way to fix this would be to first detect if there is a stable internet connection or to have Clay.io timeout after trying to connect for x amount of seconds.

I haven't used Clay.io so I am not sure if this is something you the developer has to implemented or something that's not been added by the Clay.io developer.

• Normally Clay.io would connect to the leaderboards and update them as necessary or pull data or whatever. But, because there is no internet, Clay.io can't establish a connection. In that case Clay.io is just sitting there waiting for a connection. The only way to fix this would be to first detect if there is a stable internet connection or to have Clay.io timeout after trying to connect for x amount of seconds.

I haven't used Clay.io so I am not sure if this is something you the developer has to implemented or something that's not been added by the Clay.io developer.

I've tried to use the "is online" function of the browser object, bcause clay.io doesn't have anything do handle that.

But that function never worked to me... how that I use this properly?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)