Check if 2 things happen at the same time?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • Hi there!

I just stumbled upon a weird problem. I have an object that has the bullet behavior and jump-thru behavior. When you land on the object, it moves down (angle 90) and then when you jump away from it, it moves up (angle 270). When the object moves up, it does so until it collides with another object and then the bullet behavior is disabled. If you jump and land on it, the bullet behavior is enabled again and it moves down again.

I thought this solution was good until an hour ago when I realized that if the player lands on the object at the exact time as the object collides with the other object that disable the bullet behavior, the object with the bullet behavior stands still. So, is there a way to check if the player lands on the object at the same time as the object collides with the object that disables the bullet behavior?

I uploaded a video on YouTube to show you the problem. The object that disables the bullet behavior is invisible though.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Thanks in advance,

Tommy / TomoloGames.com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for taking your time and trying to help me :) I already have "overlapping" with player and not "on collision" with player. I have "player is overlapping object at offset (0,2).

You did help me though because I added "Player is not overlapping object at offset (0,2) to the condition where the object disables the other object. I probably wouldn't have thought about that if it wasn't for your reply so thanks again :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)