can i build big indie game with weak computer?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Find and Destroy all computer malware in this lighthearted security game.
  • hi everyone. my computer isn't strong and i start to build big indie game. will my computer be able to run it smoothly ?

( last year i builded game with gamesalad and after 6 monthes of work the game had gliches so i couldent finish it. i dont know if the problem was with my computer or with the sofware)

my computer details:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU 3.10GHz

Video Card 1 NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Video Card 2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Memory 8.1 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

• for a 2d engine that are plenty of resources to use... also it seems to be pretty strong, more than most casual players will have... keep that in mind

• for a 2d engine that are plenty of resources to use... also it seems to be pretty strong, more than most casual players will have... keep that in mind

thanks man

• Olso(from everything I've learned so far, correct me if I am wrong guys) the most important thing isn't how powerful your hardware is, but how you design your game.

If you design your game poorly(too many effects, too big resolutions on your sprites, poor code/too many every tick events, etc.) then theoretically you can bring any pc to a crawl, no matter how powerful it is, even with a 2D engine...

• thats perfectly right VIKINGS especially as HTML is still pretty recource hungry danul777 i suggest you read https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips

regards

Patrick

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Olso(from everything I've learned so far, correct me if I am wrong guys) the most important thing isn't how powerful your hardware is, but how you design your game.

If you design your game poorly(too many effects, too big resolutions on your sprites, poor code/too many every tick events, etc.) then theoretically you can bring any pc to a crawl, no matter how powerful it is, even with a 2D engine...

thanks .

i just want to ask one question:

1 - for good parformence whats better? create a few heavy layouts ( with more sprites , collitions , effects ...) or many not heavy layouts?

• in generall more layouts should have better performance... the less objects are in use the better the performance is. also group your conditions and actions and disable the group if you dont need it.

regards

• hi everyone. my computer isn't strong ......

my computer details:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU 3.10GHz

Video Card 1 NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Video Card 2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Memory 8.1 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Might wanna look into updating or cleaning your computer if your getting the idea these specs are not enough.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)