Bro Force Destructible environment?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • Does any body know how to make a Bro Force style destructible environment? What I mean by this is a tile based destructible environment where every tile has a certain amount of health and some of the blocks may be effected by gravity or will explode when destroyed. I believe that is could be done with Tile Maps and Arrays. If any body has any idea how this could be accomplished within construct 2 (without using a hole bunch of Sprites.) than please send me a CAPX or instructions of how I could do this my self. Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to use "a whole bunch of sprites" to do something like this.

I've done things like this in the past, and I used an array to track the tile types and health... and used that same array to display the tiles on screen so I could basically have an unlimited map size with only the number of tiles that are on screen at once displayed - the rest were "non-existent" if they weren't actually on-screen.

I'm not sure how tilemap actually works since I've never used it - but I made my destructible tile terrain (as well as other types) in Construct Classic a few years ago.

It's not going to be the easiest task to achieve, unless someone else here has a really elegant and easy method to it.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)