Best way to implement server/client setup for this...

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Very simple code without excess options (15 events for server and 11 events for client)
  • Ok so i followed this amazing tutorial:

gamedevelopment.tutsplus(dot;com)/series

youtube(dot;com)/watch?v=y-D_WDt7vrc

I have the game modified (Slightly not much code change) and hosted with my windows server 2008 r2 vps, after 12 hours of hard work.

The multiplayer aspect only works locally/same computer, when i refresh the page, it resets everthing back to default , i want the pieces to persist.

Most of the tutorials are outdated, theres no socket.io,photons support team is non existent, , im at a loss as to what i should use for a turn based cell/grid game.

Scirra's official multiplayer plugin is the only choice from what i can see, which is fine , although i cannot find anything on server side hosting, the offical construct 2 manual has almost nothing on setting up a turnbased multiplayer or using your own hosting solution.

Iv read through so many threads and tutorials, theres nothing solid for multiplayer anyone agrees on.

Please any help or a step in the right direction from someone whos been through this would be really really appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scirra's multiplayer feature is quite diverse, and most likely capable of what your looking for ... but without some experience with construct itself, I can say it will be quite the challenge.

Scirras multiplayer can run serverless, such as in it does not require a real server with web server and or database capabilities.

It requires a signalling server, but that is provided by scirra.

The Scirra multiplayer "server" or better said host element, is mainly the controlling factor determining who is actually doing what.

Using positional synched objects, the objects from the host are mirrored to the peers connected.

If you are looking to store various data long term, I would suggest using ajaxing and communicating with a php/mysql backend.

• Scirra's multiplayer feature is quite diverse, and most likely capable of what your looking for ... but without some experience with construct itself, I can say it will be quite the challenge.

Scirras multiplayer can run serverless, such as in it does not require a real server with web server and or database capabilities.

It requires a signalling server, but that is provided by scirra.

The Scirra multiplayer "server" or better said host element, is mainly the controlling factor determining who is actually doing what.

Using positional synched objects, the objects from the host are mirrored to the peers connected.

If you are looking to store various data long term, I would suggest using ajaxing and communicating with a php/mysql backend.

Thanks.

After going through nearly every multiplayer tutorial / thread , and thread i have finally figured it out.

I have, Lobby hosted on a vps, the client hosted through a seperate webserver, can also use node.js / .exe program as client and works perfectly.

Its all done as vanilla as possible using the standard multiplayer plugin.

Now as you said, i need to find out the best solution for persistent values, i tried web2py but there is not much support, im going to try ASP.NET, AJAX.

Thanks again for the info , much appreciated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)