avoid black screen when cocoonjs games load?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi,

When I export games via cocoonjs to run on IOS devices, then load on my device, there is an empty black screen after the two cocoonjs load screens appear, for a few seconds.

Is there any way to avoid this?

do I need to make my initial frame as something with almost nothing in it so that it will load quickly and show up immediately after the two cocoonjs screens?

thanks,

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I recommend checking the log that comes up when you are testing on your device under Cocoon. It usually will tell you. Also, some of the components (objects) like Facebook, Clay.io (at times) don't work under CocoonJS.. so make you don't have those in your project.

• Also if when you select your cacoonJs object in your project, if the engine is set to accelerated change it to standard web.

• I had this problem as well. No loading indicator after the game splash and the Ludei splash screen, just a black screen during loading. Not good.

The solution for me was to go into the project properties in Construct, set Enable WebGL to OFF.

• Yeah, but then the FPS would be drastically wors, as it wouldn't use HWA, right?

• i had the exact same problem. i just mesaged ludei and they told me to wait some time and try again . worked for me and i never had problems any more.. also i googled a little and it appeared that it could help to play with the main game settings like sampling mode etc and test what works

• You are correct! The game runs like a dog with WebGL disabled, and there are a memory problems with WebGL disabled on my game so not a good fix.

I'm still trying to figure this out.

• I think ludei team should start add to cocoon more third party plugins and behaviors

• I am having this problem as well, started with the latest CocoonJS version. Weird stuff.

• Hey guys, has anyone solved this problem? Tried to ask Ludei, but their customer service has gotten worse lately and they just told me to go ask their Forum where no one answers. Sigh.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)