Auto dial a phone number

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on numbers in the proper order and reach the sun!
  • Hi all,

I asked this question last week in the forums and still have not figured it out, though its been on the back burner.

Just wondering if its possible to auto dial a phone number using Construct 2 or HTML in general.

Thanks,

-John

• I hope not.

• I can't tell if the Construct 2 community is stumped... You know, even a button that would bring up a phone's default emailing service? "Email me with any questions?"

• ClocksTNW

Dunno how it works on Android. iOS usually automatically converts email adresses and/or phone numbers to clickable links that will direct the user to the according app. Might not work on html5, but its definitely worth a shot

• ClocksTNW

Dunno how it works on Android. iOS usually automatically converts email adresses and/or phone numbers to clickable links that will direct the user to the according app. Might not work on html5, but its definitely worth a shot

This is a good thought, although I don't see a feature to add a link. Normal smart phones only go to a number or email if its hyperlinked (as far as I know.)

To my knowledge, you can "go to link" but you can't actually add the hyperlink text with the browser object.

Still haven't found a solution =/

• It should work on CocoonJS if I'm doing it right, correct?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Auto-dial, or any auto-activate device actions can be very costly in some cases. so I hope C2 or html5 can keep the distance with those things.

Buf if in the furture they have to implement those feature for some reason, they should warn the user with some full-screen modal dialog at least three times before the activation.

• Auto-dial, or any auto-activate device actions can be very costly in some cases. so I hope C2 or html5 can keep the distance with those things.

Buf if in the furture they have to implement those feature for some reason, they should warn the user with some full-screen modal dialog at least three times before the activation.

What do you mean "costly in some cases?" We should be expanding our gaming vision!

Anyway, even if it doesn't function well, would you know of a way of auto dialing a number? Would I need some mods?

Thanks

• If I understand you correctly, you want a way to dial a number without the user having any say in the matter, i.e. automatically? If so, then I hope this is never implemented.

There have already been cases of dodgy app creators generating shed-loads of money by sending to/dialing high premium lines without the user knowing.

If this is not what you mean, then please clarify what it is you are hoping to achieve.

• Wow... that's not at all what I mean. I just mean you put a number in the application and it dials it for someone when they click it... like every number on the internet

• Construct 2 uses CocoonJS to export to Android and iOS, so if you're looking into using the dialer you'd better off asking them.

stackoverflow.com/questions/5029183/android-dialer-application

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)