Attempting to rebuild my Metroid-like in C2. ?'s!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • On key released - sprite (with platform behaviour) - set vector y - 0.33*Sprite.Platform.VectorY

would take care of the fine height control.

The platform behaviour is a good starting point and by setting the default controls to "NO" it has all the freedom you need to adjust it to your needs. There's no need to reinvent the wheel if you just want a different looking car.

• I'm a huge backer of Kickstarter projects and noticed this today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope?ref=recently_launched

You state near the bottom you are using Unity. In this thread, you stated you originally developed with Stencyl but are looking towards recreating everything in C2 due to limitations. Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?

I was going to ask the same thing

• Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?

It didn't come off to me as lying. Sounds like if it gets funded, he'll create the game in Unity. What he has now is a prototype.

Although it does seem crazy to me to make a metroidvania game in Unity in 6 months for only 15k. That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

You mean that's NOT normal for game dev?! :O

• > Are you blatantly lying to your backers about what engine you're using?

It didn't come off to me as lying. Sounds like if it gets funded, he'll create the game in Unity. What he has now is a prototype.

Although it does seem crazy to me to make a metroidvania game in Unity in 6 months for only 15k. That's like, raman noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day..for 6 months. And working 20 hours a day.

Unity is known for being great at 3D and being not-so-great at 2D.

It sounds like a lot of work to create something in Stencyl, recreate it in C2, then create it again in Unity (where it will be even harder to recreate given Unity's affinity for 3D AND the fact that Unity is havily script-based instead of event-based).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)