Analog Stick/Platform Problem

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Everything you need to incorporate old school hip hop bangers.
  • A found a great 8-direction analog stick example and I tried to adapt it for a Platform game. It works for the most part, except for 2 issues.

1) As soon as the game loads, the player takes off in a sprint.

2) The player jumps way too easy and sometimes when you don't want him to.

After you use the touch controls, the analog sticks seems to work fine except for the jumping. I spent a lot of time trying to get it fixed, but nothing I do seems to work. Can someone tell me what is wrong and explain why it's wrong?

CAPX

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't open your capx, but I guess you could check the following things.

on start of layout set the speed of the player to 0 and check if the analog stick is in the middle of the circle.

You could also choose to put everything to do with the analog stick inside a deacitvated group and only activate it on the first circle touched.

The jump is probably set for everytime the stick goes into the upper part of your analog stick. You should try to adjust the area affecting the jump. Maybe even create extra sprites within the circle which on overlap will trigger the jump.

I haven't been able to open the capx, but I've seen the analog stick-example before, If my answers don't make sense for your implementation I hereby apologize.

• The analog sticks were off center. The controls work great now. I really like your idea for the jump mechanic. That's a clever idea to use additional overlapping sprites to trigger it. Thank you for your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)