Advice on gathering analytical data

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • I'm planning on releasing a game on Steam in a few months and I'm curious if anyone has done anything similar to this...

Like a fighting game, my game has multiple characters that face off in a two player versus mode. Each character has unique stats, so making sure that everyone is worth playing is a huge concern. What I'd like to do is set up some sort of analytics system that would send me data (characters picked, who wins, etc) from every game played that I could use to make decisions on how to rebalance character stats (this character never gets played, let's give them a strength buff in the next update).

What would be the easiest way to set something like this up?

• Depends on how you set up your multiplayer architecture.

If your game is hosted by a dedicated server, the server can keep track/log all your statistics.

If it is peer to peer, do you have some sort of login system/database? By the same method you use to log in, you can also send statistics to the database to save.

Any backend you use should have a way to communicate and save data.

If you mean local multiplayer, then you'll need to set up something like Firebase.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Depends on how you set up your multiplayer architecture.

If your game is hosted by a dedicated server, the server can keep track/log all your statistics.

If it is peer to peer, do you have some sort of login system/database? By the same method you use to log in, you can also send statistics to the database to save.

Any backend you use should have a way to communicate and save data.

If you mean local multiplayer, then you'll need to set up something like Firebase.

It's local multiplayer only (should have mentioned that, sorry). Firebase looks interesting. Is this plugin (last updated 2013) still the best way to integrate with it?

• I've never used it myself, so maybe someone else can answer better, but that's where I would start myself if I were looking.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)