A grid game

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • Hello! I am new here, so I don't know if a topic like this has been discussed before:

I have a university project where I'm making an android game application. The game is based on a traditional Malay game called "Galah Panjang".

It's basically a game where a team of defenders have to go through a large grid on vacant ground while avoiding a team of attackers.(You can Google for more information of the game).

I'm also new to construct 2. I was wondering if it's possible to make this kind of game using construct 2 - such as gaining points by entering each box and moving the playable characters by touching the player's character rather than button inputs??

• I was wondering if it's possible to make this kind of game using construct 2 - such as gaining points by entering each box and moving the playable characters by touching the player's character rather than button inputs??

this is indeed possible to make with C2. Your players can be moved withput buttons. Here's an example of multiple touch inputs I made once Multiple Touch Inputs

And this would be the appropriate thread to that where I provide a capx.

Thread

And to raise someones points by entering a box is like the most easy thing to do on construct 2 :D

• Thank you philx! I see what I can do! Anything else I need to know??

• Any tutorials or forums that can help with the scoring points by entering a box??

• You could have points added to a score when the player overlaps another sprite. What you would want to do is create a text object and call it "ScoreText" and also create a new sprite. You might want to go to the sprite's properties and set the sprite initial visibility to "invisible". Once you have done that, add the events shown in the linked image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia7ttvijas63ybp/scoring.png

Add global variable > Name: scoring, Type: Number, Initial value: 0

Conditions:

Player > Is overlapping Sprite

System > Trigger once while true

Actions:

System > Add to Variable "scoring", Value 1 (or however many points)

Score > Set text > Text: scoring

Every time the player overlaps the sprite, points are added to the score. If you only want the points to be added once per game, add an action to the above event that destroys the sprite.

Hope that helps.

• Thank you so much, Boony!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My progress so far:

dropbox.com/s/4wb280i50dyyk8x/Galah%20Panjang.capx

So far, I just tested with one character sprite; I got the hang of Construct 2. But how to simplify the event sheets (if can) and how to make the level transitions more smoothly?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)